With Kylene and Bob's Reading Nonfiction, you'll give students the tools to become close, attentive readers who discern the authors' intent and bias as they dig for what's true and relevant in informational texts.
Please enjoy our sample materials. You'll find:
- The introduction, which describes why nonfiction requires more support than fiction and the tools Kylene and Bob share for it
- The introductions to all four parts of the book.
- Chapter 1, in which Kylene and Bob help us define "nonfiction" in a way that supports deeper learning
- Chapter 10, where they discuss the vital need for helping kids think critically across nonfiction texts
- The book's inspiring conclusion
- Appendix A2, which helps you document how discussion works in your classroom.